Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
We believe each of our colleagues offer something extraordinary and we consider diverse backgrounds and talents a tremendous asset to our work environment. Wells Fargo values diverse talent and unique life experiences, and we understand that unconventional pathways can lead to success. As a Wells Fargo employee, you'll receive a rich selection of benefits you can personalize to support your health and well-being, retirement, financial security, and work-life needs, including time off to participate in community service activities that are meaningful to you.
Glide Relaunch Overview
Wells Fargo's Glide Relaunch program is designed to help those with a recent voluntary 2+years break in work history 'Glide back into the workforce'. As an organization, we have always recognized that workforce diversity is fundamental to growth, competitiveness, and future-readiness. The Glide Relaunch program was envisioned to address a specific issue which for years, has been the cause for an imbalance in the workforce composition worldwide - the loss of vast talent pools in the form of people unable to continue their careers due to personal commitments. This 10-week program offers support, training, and resources needed to relaunch careers as leaders at Wells Fargo.
Across the world, people take career breaks for a number of reasons with a number of factors that make career reentry difficult after an extended leave of absence. Be it catching up with industry technologies and practices, loss of confidence, or concerns about balancing personal and professional commitments, hiring managers and job applicants are equally apprehensive where a career break is concerned. This does not take away a person's inherent capability, or their ability to reintegrate into the workforce, especially if they have the right support. In launching the Glide Relaunch Program, our goal is to provide support and to address these challenges from both sides of the table.
During this full time, paid virtual internship, you will have the opportunity to learn from successful leaders at Wells Fargo who will share their expertise and knowledge to help you become a future leader. You will develop an understanding of Wells Fargo's unique values and culture, which you will experience first-hand in your interactions with highly talented team members. At the end of this accelerated program, with successful performance, you will have the opportunity to be evaluated to continue in equivalent full-time roles.
Internship: This 10 week program will run from November 2– January 8, to include internship programming, as well as, finalizing and presenting capstone projects. The Program will have approximately 40 positions spread across the lines of businesses listed below.
- The Chief Operating Office has responsibility for operations, control executives, strategic execution, business continuity and resiliency, regulatory relations, customer experience, enterprise shared services, supply chain management, and the corporate properties group.
- Commercial Banking teams are dedicated to helping small, mid-sized, and large commercial and corporate companies succeed financially. Commercial Banking teams include the business comprised of Core Market, Middle Market, and Specialized Industries, Treasury Management, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital.
- Consumer & Small Business Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
- Consumer Lending focuses on providing consumer lending products and services, including Home Lending, Auto, Credit Cards & Merchant Services, Education Finance, and Personal Loans.
- Corporate & Investment Banking supports clients through dedicated industry and specialty coverage teams with the knowledge and services you need today—and the vision and strategic capital that tomorrow's goals demand. Our experienced bankers understand your market, advise with candor, and take pride in lasting, collaborative relationships. Our commitment to corporate clients spans our 150 year history, and creates powerful momentum for the future. We align our industry focused bankers with top companies in these sectors: consumer and retail; energy and power; financial institutions; healthcare; industrials; real estate; and technology, media, and telecom.
- Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
- Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company's shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
- Human Resources develops and implements our 'team members, candidates, and operational' strategies to support Wells Fargo's business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, team member relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice. Our foundational success is based on the ability to operate efficiently, attract, retain, develop HR team members, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure.
- Internal Audit conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- The Legal Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo's enterprise success.
- Public Affairs brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company's stakeholders. This organization exists to support, strengthen and protect Wells Fargo's reputation by building trust and positive societal impact for all of our stakeholders. Teams within Public Affairs include: Corporate Communications, Corporate Philanthropy and Community Relations; Government Relations and Public Policy; Platform and Digital Services; Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility and Public Affairs Chief Operating Office.
- Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
- Wealth & Investment Management businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
Post Internship Opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Business Planning: Responsible for leadership of cross functional efforts to strategize, plan and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives. Provides leadership in the implementation of initiatives with cross-functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary. Develops metrics and tracks/evaluates performance of programs, services and initiatives.
Relationship Management: Liaises with key business partners, providing subject matter expertise on a variety of assigned and ongoing business operations to ensure success in meeting business goals and objectives. Ensures efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness of solutions, and influences technology or innovation opportunities on behalf of line of business or group. Enacts and monitors key indicators to ensure effective performance and control management of assigned operations.
Operations: Manages a medium to large operation with multiple units and/or multiple sites, taking a leadership role in the group, area or function. Has accountability for units' financial and operational performance. Develops and implements shorter-term strategies with low-to-moderate financial risk and that could impact functions or activities outside the group, and may provide input to the development and implementation of longer-term strategies specific to own units.
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo
- Due to a high volume of inquiries, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed may not receive a response
- Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women
- While the internship is 100% virtual, direct placement is strongly preferred in the following hub cities, however, other hub locations may be considered. Please note- relocation is not offered for these roles.
- Chandler, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN; New York City, NY; North Brunswick, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Raleigh, NC; San Francisco, CA; St. Louis, MO; Boise, ID; Fort Mill, SC; Milwaukee, WI
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 7 + years of experience in one or a combination of the following: strategic planning, initiative management, project management, project delivery, digital product/program management, technology, corporate communications, paralegal, process engineering, or military experience; with a voluntary 2 year minimum career break
- A Master's degree or higher
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Leadership skills including; coaching, training, and mentoring
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- Ability to proactively manage and mitigate issues
- Ability to quickly learn business operations and processes
- Experience using business knowledge and critical thinking skills to deliver upstream and downstream project impacts
- Agile experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Information security experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience operating effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Mergers and acquisition experience
- Knowledge and understanding of recovery and resolution planning
- Commercial credit experience
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting or evaluating commercial credit
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) experience
- Strong research skills
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proactive approach to work with a desire to learn breadth and depth of businesses and technologies
- Experience writing and implementing business procedures
- Experience in production of board, management reporting and presentation materials
- Experience with audit and exam management to include interaction with regulators
- Telesales operations & process expertise
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies which capture opportunities to serve multiple customer/client segments in multiple markets (both mature and emerging markets)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly comprehend key financial leverage points to develop opportunities to expand product lines and increase market penetration
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Must be able to attend the full duration of 10 week internship program
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.