**Due to a high volume of inquiries and multiple hiring managers for these roles, please do not contact the hiring manager listed. Any inquiries sent to the hiring manager listed will not receive a response **
2021 Wells Fargo CIB Commercial Real Estate Summer Analyst Program
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
When you start your career with Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking, you're joining a team that is committed to your development now and over time. We are also deeply committed to the communities we serve, and to creating an environment where each team member's unique skills, experience, and backgrounds are embraced. We pride ourselves on being ranked the 13th Best Company for Diversity and the Top Company for LGBT employees by Diversity Inc., and on our perfect score of 100 on the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign.
Summer Analyst Program
The Summer Analyst Program provides the opportunity to gain exposure and experience working for one of the most well regarded financial institutions in the world; learn about our business and the many careers and professional development opportunities; expand personal and professional networks; incorporate knowledge gained in school while learning new skills and interviewing for future career opportunities at Wells Fargo.
We have summer internship positions available nationwide, however, a majority are located in the following cities: Boston, New York, Washington D.C., Charlotte, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Commercial Real Estate is part of the Corporate & Investment Banking division and delivers a comprehensive suite of capital markets, banking, and financial products and services. Commercial Real Estate provides financing services to real estate owners, developers, investors, and real estate investment trusts (REITs), through all stages of their growth and development. We've built the strongest commercial real estate relationship management team in the industry.
The Summer Analyst Program is approximately 10 weeks in length and is non-rotational. Offers are made for a specific Commercial Real Estate business and location, based on candidate preference and business need in one of the following:
- Real Estate Banking: Provides on balance sheet loans to facilitate the construction, acquisition and repositioning of multi-family, office, industrial retail, and residential properties, serving both regional and institutional private developers.
- Senior Housing Finance: Offers a comprehensive suite of traditional banking and credit products, as well as other services, to the top owners, operators and developers of senior housing properties nationwide. More specifically, the group is solely focused on the private pay rental independent living, assisted living and memory care property types.
- Hospitality Finance: Delivers financial products and services specifically to leading hotel owners nationwide, including well-capitalized private owners and operators, institutional real estate funds dedicated to hospitality, and public REITs.
- REIT Finance: Delivers corporate banking products and services to public and private Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), including corporate-level lending, asset-level lending and capital structure advisory.
- Community Lending and Investment: Provides debt and equity capital for economic development, job creation, and affordable housing to our communities nationwide.
- Multifamily Capital: Provides non-recourse permanent multifamily and healthcare facility financing for experienced multifamily, senior housing and healthcare developers, investors and owners through Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA programs.
- Real Estate Capital Markets: Meets the non-recourse, permanent debt needs demanded by today's commercial real estate owners through balance sheet and CMBS lending on stabilized commercial real estate properties in loan amounts of $1million and upwards.
WHAT THE PROGRAM OFFERS
During the summer, we focus on your training and development so you'll be prepared to take your next career step once you complete the program. You will gain insight into Wells Fargo's corporate and credit culture, as well as opportunities for community involvement, networking and analytical training in line of business-specific concepts along with:
- On-the-job experience: Working as part of a high-performing team in your business group is how you will gain in-depth experience as a summer financial analyst. You will begin to build your analytical skills and understanding of credit by actively participating in your team's day-to-day activities.
- Professional Support: You will be matched with a full-time analyst or a high-performing relationship manager who will be your resource and coach, available to answer your questions, help you through challenging situations, and give you feedback throughout the course of the summer.
- A virtual speaker series: Wells Fargo's top leaders provide insight into how to make the most of your summer experience while you get to learn about trends in the financial markets.
- Organized networking activities: We promote community involvement and networking with other summer and full-time financial analysts.
The IB Summer Analyst Program is designed to provide undergraduate students an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time team member. Summer Analysts receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through on-the-job training by joining a business group and working alongside team members who are experts in their fields. In addition, the program offers organized activities that allow Summer Analysts to receive analytical training, meet senior executives, and network with other participants across business lines.
Full-time Analyst Opportunities
Based on outstanding performance, Summer Analysts may receive an offer to join a business within Corporate & Investment Banking upon receiving their college degree. Prior to starting in an office, analysts participate in a comprehensive training program in Charlotte. The training brings together all the analysts from various lines of business and includes classroom instruction in financial accounting, cash flow, credit analysis, financial modeling, valuation, and market fundamentals.
For more information on Corporate & Investment Banking and our Analyst programs, please visit https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/university-programs.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with an expected graduation date in December 2021 or May/June 2022
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.