Accountant Established Organization
CFS of New York is working with a prominent nonprofit organization in placing an Accountant. The firm has numerous locations in the city and this role is in their midtown Manhattan location with access to all the subway lines, Path train and Port Authority buses. As of now, this position is 100% remote with flexibility to work in office if desired.
About the Organization working as an Accountant
• Extremely stable nonprofit founded over 40 years ago and helping over 35,000 New Yorkers yearly
• Services offered include things such as housing and meals, legal support, palliative care and more
• This role reports to the Controller and Accounting Manager for their Housing Program and both individuals train and inspire growth.
• Flexible schedule and generous PTO with strong benefits. Company located in Midtown, NY but the role is remote currently due to COVID guideline safety.
• Some reviews from employees include:
Great mission, great female CEO, can achieve mission and strong sense of community.
Very flexible and down-to-earth staff management.
The employees are awesome. The workload keeps you busy but at the end of the day you know you made a difference
Responsibilities as the Accountant
• Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
• Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
• Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
Qualifications as the Accountant
• Bachelors Degree is a must; ideally in Accounting and Finance is preferred
• 2+ years of accounting experience, nonprofit is a plus but open to all industries
• Strong communication, diligent and with interest in the mission statement of the firm.