Client is a worldwide leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with over 80 offices globally and over $1 trillion in assets under administration. Client is seeking an Accounting Supervisor with real estate fund accounting experience. Public/Private experience or Manager from public would be ideal. A fuller description is below:
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund Administration is the Client’s core business, and their alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry’s most respected. Their continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means their people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of their Real Estate team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that their clients can depend upon.
- You will complete a review of operational deliverables in line with Service Level Agreements with clients.
- You will act as central point of contact for clients.
- You will assist Operations Manager in allocation of work to staff, work-flow processes, and improvements.
- You will assist staff with their work as need arises and prepare more complex deliverables
- You will spear-head resolution for all open items with the clients.
- You will ensure client deadlines are met.
- You will support the conversion of any new clients and existing migrations.
- You will liaise with multiple external parties (auditors, legal counsel, investors).
- You will review Quarterly/Monthly reports and working papers, which include: Cash and Position, Reconciliations, Expense Accruals, and Interest Accruals if applicable.
- You will review all capital activity pertaining to the funds (Capital Call and Distribution processing).
- You will review Limited Partner and General partners/Shareholder Allocation; calculations/schedules – includes review of Admin/Management fees/Waterfall/Clawback calculations .
- You will review trial balances and related working papers.
- You will complete financial statements, and Partner Capital Statements.
- You have Bachelor or Master level degree in accounting
- You have a professional accounting designation a plus
- You are a designated accountant or working towards CPA
- You have 5+ years of public/private real estate accounting work experience
- You have previous experience supervising/coaching staff
- You have experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements
- You have knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- You have experience in Limited Partnership accounting a plus
- You have excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
- You are a motivated, bright and diligent individual who is driven to meet deadlines
- You are a team player who can manage individual responsibilities
- You have sound judgment, problem solving and analytical skills
- You can liaise with property management companies
- You have knowledge of REIT structures and testing
- You have knowledge of real estate multi-family and commercial real estate accounting
- You have advanced level MS Excel
- You are proficient with MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- You have knowledge of MRI, Yardi, or Investran a plus
Your well-being is of paramount importance to the Client, and central to their success. They provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs.