Job Location: Jersey City, NJ – Remote to start with
Job Duration: 06 - 08 Months, with potential to become permanent for the right candidate
Hours Per Week: 12 hours in a week – Tues, Wed - 10am-4pm
Position Overview/Summary: The General Affairs Specialist (Contractor) provides office management functions and related administrative support for assigned individual(s) and/or department(s).
- Performs broad office management functions based on direction by supervisor including office manager:
- Administers general business programs and services that cut across functional areas, support the broader business, and serve both employees and contractors alike.
- Ensures an adequate, uninterrupted supply of kitchen and office supplies based on direction of supervisors.
- Cleans our office including sanitizing high touch areas of all spaces to provide comfortable, safe and productive environment to employees and contractors.
- Provides reception services such as registering the visits of guests and greeting, if necessary
- Evaluates all program services, vendors and costs, researches new options, and proposes changes as appropriate to ensure company receives cost-effective, quality service.
- Provides broad support to other departments including Corporate Administration and Human Resources, and specifically processing of General Accounts Payables, expense report, supporting events, updating database, etc.
- Provides support with senior management who visit US affiliates regarding accommodations, transportation, and meeting rooms, etc.
- Supports functional / corporate project-based work.
- Performs other departmental duties as assigned.
Reporting: Reports to Associate Director, General Affairs
Dotted line reporting to Office Manager, General Affairs
Other: Works closely with Accounting, IT, HR and Administrative Assistants in external vendors
Education: Minimum of High School degree or certification; college degree preferred
Professional Experience: A minimum of 5+ years of General Affairs and Administrative Assistant experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, and general administration
- Competency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant computer software
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, copiers, and fax machines
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment, i.e. computers, phones, copy machine/printer
- Ability to carry, handle and reach for objects
- Ability to lift and pull up to 15 pounds