MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Exciting opportunity for an Analyst to join a New York Real Estate Developer. Must have prior experience with creating and maintaining complex financial models using Excel and Argus.
Growing Real Estate Developer with a strong portfolio of projects across the U.S looking to bring on an Analyst (Real Estate Developer) to their growing team. Role will be based in the New York office.
The Analyst (Real Estate Developer) Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain complex financial models using Excel and Argus Enterprise to forecast leveraged cash flows and financial return metrics for potential and existing investments across asset classes
- Help structure business plans, perform due diligence, and produce well-organized investment memos for presentations to internal team members and the Investment Committee
- Support the investment team with asset management and reporting processes for existing portfolio by maintaining underwriting models, reviewing third-party financial reports, creating internal analyses/ valuations and making recommendations for all investment opportunities
- Prepare annual investment plans, analyze refinance, capital improvement, and disposition strategies, as well as assist with portfolio analytics and quarterly reporting
- Collectively, contributing to investment decisions and execution
The successful Analyst (Real Estate Developer) must have:
- Undergraduate degree in Real Estate, Finance, or Economics with strong GPA
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Commercial and Retail asset experience preferred
- Experience with acquisitions and/or asset management and real estate fund experience
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and detail-oriented
- Proficiency with financial modeling in Excel and Argus Enterprise
- Strong work ethic, personal and professional integrity, a positive attitude and genuine passion for excellence
- Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, specifically written and verbal
- An informed view on the real estate industry and an ability to provide recommendations on investment decisions
Strong base + Bonus