MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Assistant Project Managers to support Project Managers in providing program and construction management services on projects in the New York metro area. If you are interested in opportunities for professional development and the ability to contribute to a growing organization.
A well-established and continuously growing general contracting company in Brooklyn is in search an Assistant Construction Project Manager who is experienced in private construction projects.
Manage client relationships from start to end
• Attend and assist with pre-construction meetings with architects and clients
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions to project plan
• Prepare change orders
• Follow up with supervisors on status of projects
• Coordinate scheduling of jobs and appointments
• Assist with responding to internal and external emails
• Monitor and answer calls
• Obtain prepayments from clients prior to start of job
• Manage documents for obtaining DOB permits
• Obtain quotes for materials and subcontractors
• Organize and manage files for each project
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a relevant area
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Capacity to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills, ability to learn and adapt to various databases
• Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Excellent customer service skills, able to establish and maintain strong professional relationships
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in construction projects