Schedule: M-F 8 AM - 5 PM
This is not a remote position.
Responsible for timely and accurate processing of various cashiering functions and maintenance activities for NYC Commercial Real Estate Operations. Assists with reconciliation of various general ledger accounts and managerial reports.
- Ensure mail is received from Lock Box daily as expected; segregate payments and send correspondence to Collections. Process payments in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for critical data input for new loan boarding as well as loan modifications and renewal transactions from forms into the system.
- Complete data input such as principal, interest and/or escrow payment, interest rates, adjustable rates, principal advances, loan payoff, late charges, name and address changes, etc. from input forms into the system.
- Interact with New Loans on a daily basis to clarify issues with input templates and complete quality control of inputted data for own work and work processed by others as assigned.
- Responsible for daily reconciliation, general ledger entries and timely preparation and delivery of payment checks for deposit. Responsible for accuracy of manual and/or online general ledger entries related to mortgage suspense and reconciliation of Mortgage suspense account proof and preparation of the Unapplied Funds report.
- Assist in processing various loan administration activities, such as requesting and uploading financial statements and rent rolls received from mortgagors. Assist Relationship Managers and provide requested documents.
- Verify payment amounts against coupons, reconcile, and ensure timely deposit of checks.
- Maintain data entry back-up for all transactions, including payment logs and proofs, processed templates for all critical transactions for use with audits and research.
- Prepare general ledger entries for transactions as appropriate and prepare daily reconciling of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Review, reconcile and report discrepancies to management. Produce and issue daily loan accounting systems reports. Provide suggestions to clear exceptions. Prepare wire transfers for participation sold remittances. Reconcile and apply payments received participation loans bought from other institutions and communicate with other institutions to resolve payment differences.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position is primarily responsible for processing approximately $30 mm of monthly mortgage payments and an average of $1.5 to $2 bn of new loan boarding and $1.5 bn of payoffs yearly, including Construction and Participation Loans.
Education and Experience Required:
A combined minimum of 2 years’ higher education and/or work experience
Good personal computer skills with knowledge of pertinent spreadsheet, word processing and email software
Good verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
Associate's degree in Accounting
Minimum of 1 year’s related real estate mortgage servicing experience
New York, New York, United States of America