Schedule: M-F 8 AM - 5 PM
This is not a remote position.
Responsible for timely and efficient support for loan administration activities for Commercial Real Estate (CRE) loans by ensuring information needed for property loan analyses are obtained and related data are posted accurately. Supports and facilitates production of property loan analyses. Communicates with Relationship Managers, Credit, Managing Agents and borrowers as required. Ensures quality control of portfolio data. Provides support for Construction Loan monitoring and loan syndications, including participation bought and participation sold processes. Assists with reconciling various general ledger accounts and cashiering functions. Prepares routine and ad-hoc managerial reports.
- Prepare series of letters to request annual property, personal or guarantor financial statements from borrowers and/or managing agents, as required by loan documents.
- Communicate with borrowers and/or managing agents to follow-up on missing or incomplete financial statements and/or resolve issues with submitted statements. Prepare and upload received financial statements to initiate annual property loan review process and ensure information is available to Credit to initiate annual property financial reviews.
- Support Relationship Managers by providing accurate data and requested documents. Ensure data validation for SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) review and support internal external audit examinations.
- Complete various loan syndication activities, including validating funds received from participation lenders as well as funds being paid to them. Communicate and resolve payment differences with other participating institutions. Prepare related wire transfer requests to ensure timely and accurate remittances for participations bought and sold.
- Set-up new loan data on the system and validate appraisal and property data. Monitor construction loans, reconcile advances and ensure construction loan administration fees are billed and collected. Prepare various critical data maintenance templates including participation bought and sold loans.
- Complete daily and monthly master file download and reconciliation and general ledger proof.
- Complete various quality control tests on the portfolio to ensure data integrity issues and relationships, including validation of multiple mortgages, identification of cross-collateral/default, group credit totals, etc.
- Help maintain various CRE databases to ensure proper production of letters, insurance and tax expiration, missing documents, loan maturity, etc.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly scheduled reports as well as ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Assist in processing of various activities as assigned, including but not limited to new loans, modifications and loan renewals, data maintenance, quality control of inputted data and general ledger account reconciliation.
- Order property inspections and update related data to the loan accounting system in a timely manner to comply with the company credit policy.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The position may be responsible for various independent activities that may not be performed daily and interaction with different managers
Education and Experience Required:
A combined minimum of 2 years’ higher education and/or work experience
Good personal computer skills with knowledge of pertinent spreadsheet, word processing, database and email software
Good verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
Minimum of 1 year related real estate mortgage servicing experience
New York, New York, United States of America