If outside NYC area, travel is required.
Job Description Summary
The incumbent in this position supports business operations in state/federal policy analysis, requirements, impact and change analysis, business process modeling and redesign, knowledge management software systems and business intelligence. The incumbent also actively participates in overall strategic planning by linking project-specific activities with broader needs across the division and will interact routinely with all levels of operation and group management, infrastructure POCs, staff and customers.
- Identify and determine business requirements and define processes, including clarification on any requirement discrepancies
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals
- Develops requirements, work flows, and specification documents for program changes from external clients request or internal process improvements
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to new processes, functionality, and/or proposed solutions
- Perform activities required to produce and review of Business requirement documentation and system documentation (e.g., design specifications, user manuals) and provide end user training as needed
- Process all Production Support Requests by receiving defect reports and cross referencing the defect with the business requirements
- Extract, tabulate, and analyze data to support program activity and assist in management decision making
- Perform operations research to qualify new opportunities, including analysis of project data, financial forecast, documented requirements, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and staff strengths and weaknesses
- Participate in meetings with customers (internal and external), clients, and teammates to develop insight on requirements, operations strategy, partnership opportunities, and contract tracking and development
- Assist with program development during start up and for selected ongoing operations and provide detailed reports on activities to operation senior staff, division managers, and program managers
- Develop and implement modeling and evaluation processes to determine the effectiveness of current operational activities
- Develop high-quality communications suitable for clients
- Participates in the administration of project and program contract activities
- Support the management, tracking, and analysis of the project’s change management plan
- Conducts federal/state policy analysis and ensures project policies and procedures, work instructions, and training materials reflect current policies
- Participates in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts related to system testing
- Works closely with operations and Systems staff to define requirements, test criteria, and success factors
- Review and monitor execution and completion of system processes
- Establish and perform quality reviews of process outputs
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in business, business/engineering, or information management
Required Experience: At least 3 years of experience in systems development; experience with eligibility, enrollment and/or related programs; knowledge of project operations, systems processes and flows
Preferred Experience: 4 or more years of related experience with a minimum of 2 years of systems development; life-cycle experience using structured methodologies in requirements management, process/data analysis and quality control; ability to understand business requirements and translate them into systems requirements; demonstrated hands-on involvement in software quality control (e.g., integration / system / regression / performance / user acceptance testing; proven experience contributing to all phases of the software development life-cycle; experience working with databases and querying data for analysis, testing and research
Required Skills: Knowledge of SQL and systems integrations, managed care, HIPAA compliance, and social service environment. Demonstrated strong analytical / statistical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Access, and other computer software applications; ability to solve problems quickly and accurately; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.