Seeking a full-time Internet of Things Business Analyst to facilitate standing up multiple IoT sensor deployment projects along with other members of the IoT team, risk engineering, underwriting, brokers and clients.
It’s important for this person to effectively work with a remote team, to provide them with timely information to more effectively scale the number of IoT installations. The business analyst will inquire with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, strategic goals, processes, products, use cases and a data model reaching a final statement of requirements. The business analyst will document a set of features that can be executed within the project budget as well as timescale. Our team is passionate about getting clients to install IoT technologies in order to detect and prevent future insurance losses across a variety of perils.
- Two to five years of experience in business analysis
- Experience in the insurance industry or risk consulting preferred
• Experience in managing client lists – extract, transform, load data using different tools e.g. Excel, SharePoint and other more sophisticated packages
• Ability to consult proprietary underwriting, risk control and management information systems
• Ability to keep track of shipments, installations, activations and alerts
• Understanding the business concerns of most importance (as well as opportunities)
• Clear communication – ability to call underwriters / agents to clarify information on lists
• Sound documentation skills and follow through as items arise managing lists and/or clients
• “Can do” attitude and creative problem solving that translate into change suggestions to improve our IoT business model
- Maintain and clean the target client lists for a variety of IoT initiatives
- Prototype and describe the bidding process
- Document key steps in the delivery of sensors to customers
- Independence in seeking out information required to clarify business or system needs and/or challenges to creatively solve for them
- Consult underwriting or risk engineering notes to refine the installation guidance, as needed
- Organize client files, prototypes and documentation
- Keep track of pipeline, contracts signed, shipments, installations, activations, alerts and customer and/or agent inquiries
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software e.g. Salesforce or HubSpot or Dynamics, etc.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, SharePoint, Teams
- Ability to interpret business requests and communicate findings in easy to understand terms
- Trustworthy to communicate with agents and customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design processes
- Team worker
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.