Business Analyst, non- IT position
Contract Duration = 6 months
Start date = 1/25/2021 or as soon as possible
Location = Whitehouse Station or Jersey City, NJ whenever Chubb offices re-open, work-from-home in the meantime
- Internet of Things Business Analyst to facilitate standing up multiple IoT sensor deployment projects along with other members of the IoT team, risk engineering, underwriting, brokers and clients.
- It's important for this person to effectively work with a remote team, to provide them with timely information to more effectively scale the number of IoT installations.
- The business analyst will inquire with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, strategic goals, processes, products, use cases and a data model reaching a final statement of requirements. The business analyst will document a set of features that can be executed within the project budget as well as timescale.
- Our team is passionate about getting clients to install IoT technologies in order to detect and prevent future insurance losses across a variety of perils.
- Maintain and clean the target client lists for a variety of IoT initiatives
- Prototype and describe the bidding process
- Document key steps in the delivery of sensors to Chubb customers
- Independence in seeking out information required to clarify business or system needs and/or challenges to creatively solve for them
- Consult underwriting or risk engineering notes to refine the installation guidance, as needed
- Organize client files, prototypes and documentation
- Keep track of pipeline, contracts signed, shipments, installations, activations, alerts and customer and/or agent inquirie
- Person Specifications:
- Self-starter that doesn't need to be told what to do and how to solve a problem
- Dependable to finish complex projects with many moving parts / stakeholders
- Detail oriented
- Iterates quickly
- Receptive feedback
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software e.g. Salesforce or HubSpot or Dynamics, etc.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, SharePoint, Teams
- Ability to interpret business requests and communicate findings in easy to understand terms
- Trustworthy to communicate on Chubb's behalf with agents and customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to design processes
- Team worker
Qualifications and experience:
- Two to five years of experience in business analysis
- Experience in the insurance industry or risk consulting preferred
- Key Performance Indicators and Conduct Requirements:
- Quick to spot errors, mistakes and the ability to fix them
- Able to time manage well, effective analyst with quick turnaround times
- Documents everything succinctly
- Curious by nature, asks lots of questions, always seeking information and data
- Experience in managing client lists – extract, transform, load data using different tools e.g. Excel, SharePoint and other more sophisticated packages
- Ability to consult proprietary underwriting, risk control and management information systems
- Ability to keep track of shipments, installations, activations and alerts
- Understanding the business concerns of most importance (as well as opportunities)
- Clear communication – ability to call underwriters / agents to clarify information on lists
- Sound documentation skills and follow through as items arise managing lists and/or clients
- "Can do” attitude and creative problem solving that translate into change suggestions to improve our IoT business model
- Nice to have:
- Experience in the insurance industry – quote, sales, claims, or
- Experience with Internet of Things sensors / technology, or
- Knowledge of risk engineering and/or risk management
- Analytic / engineering background coupled with solid people skills
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.