- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline; Advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in information/cyber security
- Background as a cloud security architect or engineer required
- Excellent communication skills, experienced in building relationships and influencing senior business and technology executives and communicating technical challenges to non-technical and senior stakeholders
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based security technologies including but not limited to: data loss prevention, SDN, log management and alerting, and vulnerability scanners
- Experience managing a globally dispersed team
- Expert level experience with cloud security, platforms and services
- Ability to understand business drivers and integrate these requirements into overall security and design
- Outstanding technical knowledge in security-related technologies, particularly in cloud and IaaS environments
- Very strong understanding of networking concepts with an emphasis on security related technologies;
- Ability to identify gaps in security infrastructure and solutions and provide thought leadership in the development of appropriate technical solutions
- Strong dev-ops/continuous delivery and automation expertise
- Strong understanding of industry best practices
- Display a servant leadership mindset –leading with others in mind in a culture of trust
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage client expectations effectively and drive results using a proactive approach towards identifying and resolving issues
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will join us in one of our North American offices as part of the McKinsey technology (Company) leadership team.
You will be a core member of the team, reporting to the CTO. Company fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, and cloud technology by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for expanding our investment in our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be responsible for implementing an information security program that fully meets firm and client expectations, policies, and standards.
You will define and implement the technical security architecture, maintain accountability for the operational execution, and ensure security practices are maintained within Company and our client-serving practices. Your responsibilities will range from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that McKinsey’s craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
You will manage a globally-dispersed cybersecurity team to implement and maintain an appropriate information security program in coordination with the Company team and the firm’s global cybersecurity team.
You will build relationships with stakeholders/leaders across our client-serving practices and become a trusted partner to successfully embed security within their technology. You will understand the security demands of our clients and build an understanding of the security needs for each of our practices. You will meet clients as necessary to discuss our security technologies and controls.
You will be tasked with anticipating security issues and actively working to prevent them from occurring. You will partner with Cyber leadership throughout McKinsey including the Cyber Risk team, our Cyber Center of Excellence, and our Security Operations Center (SOC). You will work closely with leadership to ensure that security systems are working smoothly to reduce operational risk. You will be accountable for adhering to McKinsey's policies and meeting/exceeding current standards.