We are looking for an experienced Chief Privacy Officer to join our team. In this role, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining our HIPAA compliance program, implementing privacy audit programs and updating a system to track and report disclosures and violations.
We are looking for someone who has a love for and a deep grasp of the healthcare space, and wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at company, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Serve as the HIPAA privacy officer and oversee related compliance and monitoring activities including implementing privacy audit programs and maintaining a system to track and report disclosures and violations.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal, and other obligations. e.g., FCA, Stark, Anti-Kickback.
- Monitoring of coding audits and provider education.
- Develop and administer compliance plans and evolve the compliance function to meet ongoing needs and priorities. e.g., new hire training for HIPAA, Health and Safety, OSHA, etc..
- Apprise senior management in a timely manner of issues as they arise and keep management informed of the status of material pending matters.
- Stay abreast of and communicate to the team all legal, healthcare, legislative and regulatory developments relevant to the company’s business and the clinical practices it supports.
- Provide privacy and compliance leadership to the management team and company wide.
- Build and promote a culture of privacy, security, and compliance throughout the company.
- Minimum 10+ years related experience in healthcare compliance with a demonstrated in depth understanding of applicable legal, regulatory and compliance matters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A team player and collaborator
- Passion for Talkspace, sales, and up for the challenge of building something from the bottom up
- Bonus: CIPP license