Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Information and Technology Officer role is to plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. This individual will collaborate directly with the senior leadership team and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
In addition, the Chief Information and Technology Officer primary goals are to develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization. This role also helps to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives across all areas of the organization. 'The ideal candidate is a passionate and inspirational leader, a strategic thinker, a coach as well as a player on the team.
Company, Inc operates a mobile-app based retail gas refueling service. It delivers the gas directly to individual, commercial, fleet, and enterprise vehicles. The company was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in Queens, New York. 'We offer you friendly coworkers, snacks and coffee straight from our kitchens, office happy hours and fun company events. We provide excellent benefits such as health, vision, and dental. We also offer supplemental benefits such as AD&D, life insurance, pet insurance, 401k and much more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the senior leadership team.
Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate stakeholders, executive leadership and management on their competitive or financial impact.
Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
Perform other required duties as directed by the CEO or as required to support the organizations continued growth and experience which may emerge as the business matures.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Proven track record as a CTO, CIO or similar leadership role.
7+ years’ software engineering and IT experience.
Strong knowledge of system infrastructure and implementation.
BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant
graduate degree is a plus.
Understanding of budgets and business-planning.
Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
Excellent communication, strong leadership skills and organizational abilities.
Ability to effectively mentor, develop and lead a team.
Aptitude for problem-solving and able to listen, analyze, think strategically, creatively, execute and work well with people individually and in a group.
- Ability to consider multiple viewpoints about controversial issues and to communicate
- GasItUp’s perspective effectively with members, peers and stakeholders.
- Spearhead internal meetings and communication to ensure team is aware of and in
- alignment with company objectives and goals with other departments within the organization such as '(insert ) 'to best support client prospects and existing clients, and
- ensure services and solutions are being developed, applied and executed in accordance
- with the company’s goals.
- 'Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management,
- budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software
- applications, and outsourced systems, including ....
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Be informed of GasItUp’s mission, core values, services, policies and programs
- Ability to prepare for, attend, and participate in board and committee meetings
- (including conference calls), ask questions, take responsibility, follow through on a given
- assignment, and evaluate oneself.
- Experience with a wide range of technology methodologies. Able to recommend and
- teach methodologies to team members, support product development,
- communications, user experience, and customer experience.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills and the ability to manage
- shifting priorities.
- Understanding of enterprise software customer lifecycle management processes is a
- plus, but not required.
- Able to identify and measure both quantitative and qualitative signals of client
- satisfaction and team health.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, duties and responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Work performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
Hazards: Exposure to paper/dust particles.
Works with others.
Eye/hand coordination. Sitting, Bending, Standing.
Wrist Motion (repetitive flexion/rotation) - Stuffing of Payroll checks into envelopes.
Constantly sitting at a desk.
Walking, climbing stairs and standing are required throughout most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task. Standing may include 4-8 hours with only a few rest periods in any given day. Must be able to sit at a desk for 2-4 hours on occasion
Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously
Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally
Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to
- 50 lbs