Overview of Role
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to lead our product and engineering teams. This is an executive role reporting directly to the CEO. You will be a true partner on the executive team, a leader to the management team, represent the company to external stakeholders and to the board, and an advocate for technology to the business and vice versa. You will own the technology strategy at Company, and you will be leading a very capable, functional team of engineers. You will own setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company, ensuring that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs, and outline the goals for research and development.
Who you are
- A technically-minded, revenue-focused executive with a proven track record of leading development on reliable products that deliver real value to users.
- A very strong communicator - a key part of the job is understanding the needs of the organization and combining it with the company strategy to create effective software solutions that propel the business’s growth.
- Experience hiring, scaling, and leading engineering teams
- Payments experience is preferable, but not necessary.
- Financial product experience is preferable, but not necessary.
- You are an entrepreneur-doer and someone who is passionate about technology.
- Stakeholder management is one of your superpowers.
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software products.
- You are an executive, a cross-functional leader, a strategist, and an engineer (in that order).
- We are looking for someone who has start-up experience. Rolling up your sleeves is something you are not only capable of, but you deem it par for the course.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
What you value
- You want to be a leader at a product-obsessed company. You think about the product (building the right thing) before you think about the engineering (building the thing right).
- You invest your resources thoughtfully, but confidently. You know when to think lean and get things done quickly, and also when to double down on your bets and make long term investments.
- You believe in our company values, team principles and our vision - or disagree strongly and have a point of view.
- Ability to be a true generalist. This is a highly cross-functional job, and not for the chief-architect CTO archetype.
- You value working with people as much as you enjoy working with code. This is not a job for the heads-down chief scientist.
- Willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies, while still building a platform that will be robust and sustainable for the long haul.