Company is seeking a CTO to help scale revenue growth through the design and development of our technology organization. This is an opportunity to lead the next phase of growth for Company, a content technology innovator. The role will require a creative and passionate, business-oriented leader who will be responsible for the vision and implementation of the overall technology strategy. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of scaling a SaaS engineering organization, serving as both a visionary people leader and technical expert. Partnering with Company’s management team, the CTO will be critical in developing our holistic business strategy and leading the technical initiatives to achieve those goals.
This role is based in NYC at Company HQ.
Company is a visual media technology company that helps photographers and creative teams unlock the power of a moment. Our tools transform the way Brands and Photographers work, allowing them to move creative files effortlessly and engage audiences instantly - all while maintaining the integrity of their content. Across our platform of SaaS products, we manage over 750 million visual assets for 80,000 professional photographers and over 1200 large brands, including universities, pro sports teams, corporate and consumer brands, and leading nonprofits. Today we’re delivering innovative tech and user experiences across search, collaboration, content display, secure access and distribution, workflow automation, and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML). We were built by and for creative people, and we’re committed to celebrating and supporting creative work.
Areas of Impact:
- Define, architect, and execute the plans required to fulfill the company’s business and technology strategies
- Grow and scale the team by recruiting world-class talent, as needed.
- Create and foster a team culture conducive to innovation, high productivity, and high quality in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Own the engineering process to produce quality software with effective and efficient execution, define goals for the engineering team and help them achieve those goals.
- Collaborate with the Head of R&D and VP of Network Operations to build on the technical architecture, and drive architectural investments across all aspects of Company’s platform (enterprise, consumer, mobile, and 3rd party integrations).
- Collaborate with the VP of Product to plan and envision the future of our products in a way that continues to differentiate us in the marketplace.
- Empower the team to manage and execute technology projects in a reliable and timely fashion with strong communication to stakeholders.
- Foster collaboration, inclusion, continued learning, technical depth and exceptional work.
- Instill a culture of urgency while not sacrificing code confidence and product quality.
- Provide daily inspiration, leadership, and management to Company’s technology team across the US and Mexico, including the development and performance management of a motivated team.
- Work in partnership with internal cross functional teams to drive revenue and grow business capabilities.
- Provide input into annual budget exercises and manage technology spending that aligns with budgets and forecasts.
- Track record as an innovator and dynamic leader of a high-growth technology organization.
- Exceptional people leader who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic company. You love a big challenge and know how to inspire top-notch teams.
- Transparent, collaborative and concise communicator who is constantly looking for opportunities to increase velocity and remove roadblocks.
- Proven track record of rapidly hiring, growing and coaching your team while delivering on great products.
- 10+ years of experience leading software design and development, preferably in a SaaS or web-based environment.
- 5+ years of managerial experience leading fast-growing, high performing teams.
- Comfortable working with a Linux based technology stack.