WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICE
Michael Baker International’s civil engineering professionals manage and staff active projects in over 40 countries on five continents. Services are provided for a broad range of projects and capabilities, including highways, airports, bridges, rail and transit systems, government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, oil and gas infrastructure, and commercial/urban development. Our fields of expertise span all areas of civil engineering and include an extensive variety of specialty disciplines, such as environmental compliance and restoration, coastal engineering, urban development, and mining.
The best part being a Civil Engineer III in Michael Baker International’s New York office is that no two days will be the same. You will face different challenges every day, some of which will be extraordinarily complex. Most days will be spent in the office preparing quantities and construction cost estimates, technical reports and construction drawings as well as coordinating with technicians to ensure timely and accurate document and drawing preparation. Responsibilities include:
- Work with Project Managers to execute and oversee technical production of roadway and highway projects.
- Lead and perform the development of complex design drawings and engineering estimates involving street and highway projects including coordination with various engineering disciplines.
- Review the work of junior engineering staff, provide QA/QC, mentorship and training.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 8-10 years of related highway design experience for transportation clients; NYSDOT, NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NJDOT, NJTA, and/or PANYNJ.
- Working knowledge of federal and local design standards including but not limited to AASHTO Design Guidelines for Highway and Streets, FHWA MUTCD, NYS DOT, NYC DDC and NYC DOT.
- Professional Engineering license in NY. NJ license a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Strong English language skills, written and verbal are essential to long term success in this role.
- Quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company’s service offerings, and the client’s standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
- Microsoft office Suite, MicroStation / InRoads and AutoCAD Civil 3D required
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.