The Leasing Manager is responsible, under the direction of the Director of Leasing to provide key compliance related services for the Related Rentals portfolio, in accordance with regulatory program and agency requirements, all company policy and procedures, and all applicable Fair Housing Laws.
- Participate in marketing and leasing functions related to all affordable housing programs and applications, including lease-ups, remarketing assessments, and interviewing applicants.
- Process applicant appeals, including in-person applicant meetings.
- Review and submit applicant files for approval in accordance with the project’s regulatory agreement, IRS Section 42, Federal and/or State Marketing Guidelines, and HUD’s Occupancy Handbook 4350-3.
- Completion of the move-in lease and initial certification process for all program participates in assigned portfolio, including rental subsidy package.
- Leadership responsibilities included training, supervising assigned staffs’ day-to-day operations, coaching, setting expectations, and holding assigned staff accountable. Recommends appropriate disciplinary actions and assist in assigned staff write-ups as needed.
- Maintain active regulatory program compliance and management coordination with site staff including preparation for unit inspections, showings, and move-in coordination.
- MonitorLIHTC, HUD, Tax-Exempt Bond, Fair Housing and Regulatory on-going Compliance for Low-Income Units for various LAMP, Mixed, Deep Rent Skewed, Bifurcated, and Project Based Section 8 developments.
- Ensure accuracy of recorded information about each affordable housing program.
- Maintenance of waiting lists and logbooks according to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Review marketing plans, marketing agreements, management agreements, tenant selection plans, and management plans to ensure proper compliance with agency guidelines.
- Review lottery logs, waiting lists, and reasonable accommodation logs.
- Handle and provide responses to applicant’s complaints, inquiries, and concerns.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in LIHTC and/or Section 8 multi-family property management.
- Accredited housing certification preferred: Low lncome Housing Tax Credit and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist or like designations.
- College degree strongly recommended or equivalent level of prior work experience.
- Experience with Yardi, One-Site/Real Page (or like housing software).
- Knowledge of NYC rent stabilization.
- Detail oriented and organized. Strong communication and analytical skills. Creativity and initiative to work both independently as well as within a team while able to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Management experience a plus.
- Travel required up to 10%.
- NYS Notary License.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.