ESP Pipeline Engineer, Operations
With a startup spirit and 80,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Inviting applications for the role of ESP Pipeline Engineer, Operations
We are looking for ESP Pipeline Engineer work with application teams to help accelerate their DevOps adoption.
ESP Pipeline Engineer:
The Enterprise Security Products (ESP) team is - amongst other things - responsible for developing and engineering the Firm’s core security controls. The technology and solution stack span all Firm employees as well as external clients of the Institutional Security and Wealth Management Businesses. It consists of home-grown software, 3rd party software, open source products, appliances, and auxiliary services and solutions.
The successful candidate will work within ESP Devops Chapter to help drive Devops adoption across ESP Fleets/Squads. The role is specifically focused on collaborating with squads to automate their delivery pipelines using Ansible and introduce automated testing to increase their delivery throughput and reduce the risk associated with manual activities.
- Analysis and documentation of existing manual processes with stakeholders
- Performing VSM/PCE analysis of processes to establish baselines and identify priorities for improvements
- Design of automations to automate processes, specifying incremental tasks to develop automations
- Define Configuration Management structures, how to make promotable configuration, templating etc.
- Automation of deployment and application management processes using Ansible or other appropriate tools
- Development of Ansible Roles/Filters/Modules as required for bespoke requirements
- Initial Configuration of infrastructure (where it’s a one-off/automation doesn’t make sense)
- Training/knowledge sharing with squad members to maintain automations going forwards
- Integration of deployment automations with CI/CD pipelines
- Standardization of tooling to build “deployments” across different environments
- Pipeline Automation: Working within Fleets/squads to automate pipeline delivery capabilities through Ansible.
- Analysis of manual testing processes and identification of automation opportunities
- Selection of test automation frameworks and integration into CICD pipeline
- Creation of initial test cases to demonstrate value to the squad
- Education on how the test squad to develop further test cases going forwards
- Test Automation: Working within Fleets/Squads to implement test automation as part of their CI/CD pipelines. Work will cover selection of frameworks, integration in CI/CD pipelines, developing test cases as specified by the teams.
- Enterprise CI/CD (Jenkins, Train etc.)
- SDLC (git, Jira, stash etc.)
- Python (OO and testing)
- Security (authn, authz, SCV, proids, kerberos etc.)
- Markup languages (yaml, json, rst, xml)
- The elements you are trying to automate, (infra, app specific config, load balancers, hosts etc.)
- Test automation frameworks, e.g. pytest, selenium, cucumber etc.
- Testing methodologies, e.g. unit, integration, BDD, TDD, load, connectivity etc.
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.