New York State has hired a team of staff working remotely to support the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) and Local Health Departments (LHDs) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing in communities across NYS. The aim of this initiative is to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish all contacts of this person, and proceed to call and maintain ongoing communication with every contact. In addition, the team will support the isolation and quarantine of individuals, as appropriate in cooperation with the LHD. This includes virtual needs checks and referral to community resources as needed. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in NYS.
The Regional Team Manager will report to the Virtual Contact Tracing Call Center Manager and will lead a team of up to approximately 30 Team Supervisors, who are working remotely to oversee teams of Contact Tracers and Community Support Specialists. The Regional Team Manager is responsible for the leadership of Team Supervisors, providing direct supervision, oversight, and mentorship. The Regional Team Manager will be the team’s point of contact with the Call Center Manager, the NYSDOH, and other LHD and NYSDOH structures. The Regional Team Manager will not be responsible to perform the daily functions of the Contact Tracer role, but must become familiar and expert in the systems in which the Contact Tracer teams are working and the processes they are charged with carrying out in each county.
- Supervise a team of up to 30 people that collectively performs all functions of the Contact Tracing Initiative.
- Coordinate and create the Team Supervisors’ schedules to ensure appropriate coverage of the Call Center over 7 days per week, 12 hours per day; and provide daily remote supervision and troubleshooting.
- Escalate issues from the team to local health department, regional DOH office point of contact, or Call Center Manger, brainstorm and implement solutions.
- Communicate any process changes or new instructions to the Team Supervisors as appropriate.
- Track daily and weekly progress for the team including cases contacted successfully, contacts tracked and monitored, and patients and contacts referred to social support systems.
- Ensure Team Supervisors are performing quality assurance through listening in on calls or to recordings of calls and providing feedback to team as well as participating in quality improvement conversations and escalating issues.
- Triage technology issues on various system to be able to quickly resolve
- Liaise with partners and stakeholders at the LHD, NYSDOH and local community.
- Ensure all employees are trained to perform job functions, while facilitating refresher training as needed
- Remain current on applicable payroll, project goals, and employer policies and procedures
- Model positive behaviors, mentor staff and ensure consistent adherence to quality assurance measures
- Have excellent communication and time management skills
- Develop proficiency in operating platforms required to fulfill job responsibilities
- Review cultural diversity of the region and ensure that all staff are trained in necessary cultural competency content to be able to effectively engage with all communities
The position is considered temporary with a six month engagement expected and the possibility to extend as needed.
The contact center will operate 7 days a week. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.