Provide substance abuse services and education to clients and staff of the Peter Ho Memorial Clinic. Provide alcohol and substance abuse education in individual and group formats for chemically dependent clients. Perform individual assessments, substance abuse care management services, and ongoing assessment for program and clinic eligibility; monitor all aspects of clients’ adherence to medication and substance related issues (psycho-educational classes may be included at discretion of Practice Manager). Recommend to the referred agency in writing, a comprehensive plan of care that meets the needs of the client.
Education and Work Experience
1. LCADC (Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor)
2. Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred) in the field of Behavioral Science/ Human Services (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Counseling, etc.), from an accredited college or university required.
3. Minimum of two-year’s experience in the delivery of community mental health/addiction services to adults required.
4. Basic knowledge of signs and symptoms of chemical dependency and co-occurring disorders
5. Familiar with Motivational Interviewing approach to treatment as needed and Evidence-Based Focus Plans
6. Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with diverse populations are essential.
7. CHAMP Reporting a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf