As a Customer Experience Associate, your primary focus will be to constantly engage with customers, determining and responding to their needs. You will collaborate with other departments in the building, such as security, housekeeping and engineering, to ensure a superior and unparalleled experience for which Related, and Hudson Yards, is known. The word “no” is not in your vocabulary; you will seek to creatively solve problems and find a way to surprise and delight our customers, so that they return to the Shops and Restaurants at Hudson Yards again and again.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Welcome customers (guests, shoppers, tenants) in a warm, gracious manner.
- Proactively seek out and develop rapport with customers by assessing what is important to them and addressing it.
- Stay current with the latest information on the shops, restaurants and attractions, including brand profiles, merchandise collections, and events/promotions.
- Share that information with customers when interactions with them require it.
- Guide customers to their destinations.
- Anticipate and answer customer inquiries.
- Facilitate various guest services, including restaurant reservations, attraction ticketing, gift card sales, merchandise returns, and shipping of customers’ purchases.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, concerns, or complaints; relay pertinent information to management.
- Ensure the retail center remains clean and tidy at all times; enlist the help of housekeeping crew, when necessary.
- Participate in loss prevention and risk management protocols; report security/safety concerns or threats to security personnel, immediately.
- Assist with retail center events and activities.
- Perform office duties on a temporary basis, as needed.
- Help management with other tasks and requests as needed.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust modern fertility program
- Incentive bonus program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & more!
- 3+ years’ experience in hospitality or guest services (or a relevant field).
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading). Additional languages highly desired.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability for nights, weekends and holidays a must
- Warm, engaging, charismatic; natural ability to develop rapport with others in an authentic and sincere manner
- Practices good judgment; high level of integrity
- Proactive; takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Resourceful; thinks critically and finds solutions even without the obvious resources
- Agile and resilient; able to navigate challenging situations while remaining positive
- Observant; keen attention to detail
Hudson Yards is New York’s newest neighborhood and home to more than 100 diverse shops and culinary experiences, offices for leaders in industry, significant public art and dynamic cultural institutions including The Shed, modern residences, 14 acres of public plazas, gardens and groves and the world’s first Equinox Hotel®. Hudson Yards has become the cultural center of Manhattan’s New West Side. A template for the future of cities, this new neighborhood has not only changed the way New York looks to the world, but the way the world sees New York.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer