Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
* Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
* Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
* Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.
* Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
* Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
* Tests customer and account system changes and upgrades by inputting new data; reviewing output.
* Secures information by completing data base backups.
* Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
* Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners
Type in data provided directly from customers
Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
Verify data by comparing it to source documents
Update existing data
Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost