Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to design engineering and record maintenance for all assigned facilities, assign customers’ space and power; issue Work Orders to instruct facility technician on task to be performed and for project tracking, create Project Bill of Materials (BOM) for customer installations, manage cable ties capacity and augment projects. Assist with colocation expansion projects. Assist sales with customer’s technical requests.
- A.S./B.S. college degree related to technology, electrical or mechanical.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in telecommunications environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering and planning experience.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent communications, interpersonal and oral/written presentation skills.
- Advanced skills with ACAD.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer) and/or equivalents.
- Proven organizational ability, attention to details and strong analytical skills.
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and able to work within deadlines.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks/projects.
- Experience working in a Data Center or Colocation environment.
- Work in central office environment with hands-on experience.
- Manage assignments of new customer racks, cabinets, cages, panels and conduits.
- Create in ACAD Implementation Package and SOW documentation for installations of ladder rack, fiber raceway, cable ties, power and grounding.
- Create Project Bill of Materials (BOM) for all installation projects.
- Create Work Orders to instruct facility technicians on task to be performed and to track installation projects and sub-Contractor’s work.
- Update facility floor plans using ACAD and DCIM software.
- Update connectivity and cable tie records using DCIM software.
- Update records of customers’ power circuits using company DCIM software.
- Assist sales engineers with facility capacity inquiries regarding space, power and connectivity.
- Perform audits as required at DLR sites.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.