We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to develop and support software applications, tools and data management pipelines. You will assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of tools that extract and manipulate data from various sources, including in-house and external sources, translating institutional information into actionable insights.
Must be able to work on a W2 with my company or the client directly, or your own c-c. No third parties.
We are seeking:
● A problem solver with the ability to think outside of the box, to find novel solutions to obstacles and
● A teammate with the ability to work well both independently and within a diverse team.
● Hard working and passionate, believing strongly in our mission statement and goals.
● Detail and deadline oriented, with the ability to proofread, thoroughly test, and submit high quality work on
● An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
● Willing to learn new skills and adaptable to fluctuating workloads and deadlines.
● Create complex software and data pipelines that enable the ingestion, transformation and transfer of large
quantities of structured and unstructured data from various databases and file systems sources.
● Build complex database logic and API’s to automatically fetch and store data in various forms.
● Architect and develop efficient and reusable modularized components that drive complex applications.
● Develop high quality systems across a number of programming languages with a focus on Python and Java.
● Be involved in server, application, and database development and the building and testing of high
performance complex systems.
● Be involved in the scaling up and increase application resiliency for complex applications.
● Participate in full SAFe development life cycle i.e. performing analysis, designing, building, releasing, and
maintaining data pipelines for ingestion and propagation of data.
● Work collaboratively on an agile product team with architects, engineers, scrum masters, product owners,
and business owners to build tools manipulating data in order to build a new generation of artificial
● Produce functional, technical, and user documentation (e.g., business requirements, functional and
technical specifications, system architecture, data flows, end-users training requirements) on assigned
● Provide consultation and guidance to scientists, engineers, as well as other bioinformatics engineers and
● Maintain and improve professional growth and development through participation in scientific and technical
discussions, workshops, and seminars to keep current in the development of industry-grade software.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
● 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer.
● Extensive experience with programming languages (Python, Java, or related), ETL tools and their
administration, and exposure to relational/non-relational databases.
● Extensive experience with the design and architecture of data warehouses and data lakes for large
quantities of structured and unstructured data.
● Extensive experience in the architecture, design and development of SQL database schema and query logic
as well as NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, MongoDB).
● Extensive experience understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software architecture
● Strong experience with the design, detailed testing, and documentation of complex systems.
● Strong experience scaling up or increasing application resiliency.
● Experience with agile methodologies, SAFe a strong plus.
● Experience with version control standard methodologies.
● Experience with modern DevOps practices & technologies (e.g. Docker, Jenkins).
● Experience with image processing software and techniques (e.g. OpenCV) and familiarity with image file
● Experience with DataStage