On-Call (as needed) Dermatopathologist – NY, NY
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2019 revenues of around $7.7 Billion and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
Dermpath Diagnostics a fully owned subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics is exclusively focused on providing exceptional Dermatopathology services and is backed by an unrivaled team of over 70 board-certified Dermatopathologists, advanced diagnostic technologies and unparalleled clinician/patient support.
Our mission is to provide accurate, clear and prompt diagnoses. We also strive to develop confident relationships with our referring clinicians, and we are fully committed to assisting in providing the best health care for every patient.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2019 America’s Best Employers for Women
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Position Description – Schedule: On-Call – As Needed
• Evaluates dermatologic specimens and renders a diagnosis.
• Reviews slides
• Provides advice to referring physicians regarding the clinical significance of laboratory findings
• Participates in the development and monitoring of standards of performance in Quality Control and Quality Assurance and Improvement for the laboratory.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
• Confers with referring physicians
• Participates in teaching programs
• Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
• Adherence to Safety Regulations.
• Adherence to HIPAA Regulations.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• Required: Medical degree, residency training in Dermatology and/or Pathology and fellowship in Dermatopathology
• Desired: Residency in Dermatology
• Required: Extensive training and experience in Dermatopathology
• Desired: 3-5 years previous experience as a dermatopathologist
• Required: NY State licensure and board certification in Dermatology and/or pathology and dermatopathology board eligible.
• Desired: Board certification in dermatopathology
• Proficient with a microscope
• Protective equipment for handling laboratory specimens
• Comprehension of CLIA regulations regarding, proficiency testing, quality assurance and quality control.
• Laboratory setting. Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards.
• Requires full range of body motion including manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Frequent sitting for extended periods of time.
• Lifts and carries items up to 25 pounds.
• Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
DermPath Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Physician and Executive
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.