Who You’ll Work With
You’ll be part of the global Publishing team, working to create high impact and high value publishing content and digital experiences.
Reporting to the Head of Publishing Design with a close working relationship with the Head of UX Design, you will collaborate with Client’s Editorial team to create visual content and user experiences that engage our audience across digital channels. The role is a remote position, search to be based in or close to one of these locations: Washington DC, Atlanta, New York.
What You’ll Do
You will be a key part of the team that invents and crafts Client’s highly-regarded publishing content. You will know best practices for all aspects of design across digital communication channels and you will draw from extensive experience creating best-in-class designs for top-tier publishing brands.
You will create compelling visual communications that build on Client’s premium brand. And you will continually raise our team’s game by creating and directing the creation of visual design and UX that expand and deepen our audience’s engagement with our content.
You will have deep experience and hands-on skills developing content and products that adhere to a corporate visual identity, working within brand guidelines and knowing when to ‘push’ designs to achieve stand-out results.
You will provide the UX, UI, IA, and visual design expertise necessary to develop the highest quality digital products for Client. You will advocate for best-practice UX and brand implementation; leveraging your expertise in projects as well as documenting and communicating UX decisions.
You have experience with product design & agile development; including but not limited to completing detailed designs on a sprint cycle as well as being an active partner in backlog grooming & QA.
You will lead key projects and initiatives for the Publishing team. Tasks will include:
• Developing visual prototypes
• Creating high-fidelity graphics
• Conducting landscape analysis and desk-based research inc. user testing, etc. when appropriate
• Basic metrics analysis
You will be collaborating closely with other designers, product team, development team, and vendors. You will work closely with stakeholders across our organization. This role is not about just saying “yes” to stakeholders. Rather, we partner with our stakeholders; advising on best-practice UX which often involves advocating for/providing a fact-base to justify design recommendations.
Effective communication, professionalism, and attention to detail are essential to the role. You need to be highly organized, capable of managing multiple project work streams at the same time; including use of multiple communications channels and other project tracking tools.
• Outstanding designer; ability to quickly grasp a complex brief and meet it with creative and on-brand ideas
• Outstanding drive and process management, with a hands-on, action-oriented style
• Clear understanding of web/mobile content and UX best practices
• Skilled at relationship building and influencing; able to effectively balance diplomacy with tenacity when working to gain alignment on goals
• Excellent problem solving and ability to implement sound judgement knowing when to make independent decisions and when to collaborate
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience, ideally 5 years in an agency setting
• Bachelor of arts in Design or similar degree
• Interaction design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, or comparable tools
• Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, etc.
• Experience working with project management software such as Basecamp and Trello; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Powerpoint
• An entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical, and collaborative attitude, with interest and aptitude for working across tenures and role types, countries and cultures; can successfully navigate and thrive in a complex organization
• Depending on location, requires ability to work across time zones as needed