As a Designer you’ll create advertising that makes our products irresistible, inspires purchase and builds love for the Macy’s brand at the same time. You’ll work with other creatives to translate marketing objectives into a compelling brand experience across all media touchpoints, keeping our customer at the center of all considerations. You’re curious, innovative. A strong conceptual thinker who thrives on collaboration. Perform other duties as assigned.
Develops digital and print advertising that meets brand identity guidelines, reflects design and fashion trends, and is grounded in an awareness of our competition.
Evaluates marketing briefs to align on the single most important message before work begins. Challenges marketing partners to provide clarity up front.
Collaborates with copywriters and other creatives to conceptualize campaign and project ideas that fulfill creative brief objectives.
Combines composition, color, typography, and photography to support a powerful and clear message.
Curates photography that’s best for the context and reflects our customers’ diversity.
Creates presentation comps to effectively sell ideas.
Plans, prioritizes and produces a high volume of work that follows style guides and merchandising input, as required.
Meets deadlines and proactively communicates status of projects to partners and leaders.
Inspires others through an innovative approach to design, ideation and ways of working.
Builds teamwork through participation in activities like team celebrations, mentoring and fundraising events.
Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-4 years’ experience in advertising design or related design discipline.
- Portfolio demonstrating design and advertising communications skill.
- Retail experience preferred; ability to work quickly and iteratively required.
Excellent communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Detail oriented and follows through on all projects.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – XD, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Teams, Powerpoint, Word.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.