Yellowstone Transportation Group is hiring Dispatchers! This position will be dispatching for multiple fleet vehicles and booking freight and driver track/trace. Job functions include load coordinator, dispatcher, customer service, and sales. Must be familiar with all loads like 3Sixty/DAT, Internet Truckstop etc. Understanding of DOT regulations for semi-trucks necessary.
- Verifies all transit runs are assigned and covered in accordance with established procedures.
- Controls vehicle assignments or manifests to ensure the fleet is being used in the best interest of the public and the organization to meet service demands.
- Monitors and responds to a variety of calls from customers and employees using telephone, cellular phone or two-way radio.
- Consistently verifies and monitors driver locations and driver assignments at all times.
- Responds to emergency situations as requested including hazardous and severe weather conditions as required. Dispatches road service to the scene of the breakdown.
- Coordinates field activities, i.e., bus changes, passenger transfers, manifest adjustments, special transit service return trips, etc., with an emphasis on minimum passenger delays and maximum goodwill with drivers.
- Coordinates vehicle use and assignments with other rural dispatchers/schedulers, Lead Drivers, and maintenance staff to ensure vehicles are available for scheduled maintenance service.