Position Description Summary:
Responsible for loading and unloading freight containers and pallets to maximize available space.
Responsible for sorting freight shipments to appropriate containers and pallets or driver routes.
Perform functions in accordance with safety standards.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.
- Loads inbound and outbound freight to maximize the utilization of containers and pallets
- Unload inbound and outbound containers and pallets and sort according to size of freight and destination
- Read, decode, and decipher freight codings in order to expedite freight movement and tracing process
- Label, weigh, and dimensionalize freight
- Perform clean-up activities in work area to ensure safety and cleanliness of dock
- Record damaged shipments and misrouted freight on applicable reports The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.