The Digital Grid Solution Sales Executive will establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow the Energy Management, Distribution Management and Microgrid Market business with new client acquisition and existing client wallet expansion for smart grid operational solutions, systems and products sold to utilities, large industrial and public sector clients.
This role is responsible for delivering on a quarterly basis bookings number across the portfolio of products and services contained within Digital Grid business units including: Energy Management System, Distribution Management System, Microgrid and market operators.
Responsibilities and desired background:
- Develop and execute the strategic plan of operations for bookings and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management
- Organize and lead teams across Digital Grid - Grid Control product lines to respond to a customer requests for complex system solutions including EMS, DMS, Microgrid market applications
- Develop specific territory and opportunity plans, critical to success in this role
- Proven ability to drive and leverage CxO level relationships
- Attend industry trade shows, prepare customer presentations, and proficiently articulate the value and differentiators of EMS, DMS, Microgrid Market software solutions to clients
- Provide market feedback to the larger software team (regional & global) based on industry trends and customer knowledge
- Lead the internal approval process during the RFP process
The candidate shall have:
- 8-10+ years of business experience selling enterprise software (EMS, DMS preferred) and complex solutions to the utility
- Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines
- Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes - product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations
- Extremely partner-focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, and sense of accountability
- Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.