This position has overall responsibility to support the design & coordination of Delivery Projects and Constructions infrastructure projects. Candidate will be responsible for preparing detailed civil and structural drawings for Inside Plant projects utilizing Microstation V8i software, as directed by civil design engineers and supervisors. Types of drawings include, but are not limited to: concrete foundation and steel support structures for oil filled transformers, breakers, disconnect switches, A-frames and Dead-end Structures, as well as structural and/or architectural drawings for small buildings, masonry and concrete retaining walls. On call 24/7 in the event of system emergencies.
- Prepare complex, detailed civil design drawings and coordinate with Electrical Layout designers, Licensing and Permitting Group, Asset Experts, Vendors, and Project Managers to develop the design in conformance with the project schedule.
- Develop estimates and schedules for preparation of civil design drawings for new and emergency projects.
- Conduct field investigations at substations to verify job-site existing conditions.
- Act as a primary interface with multiple Consulting-Engineering firms for Inside Plant projects that are outsourced, and assure that PSE&G standards are maintained by these firms. Review complex Civil and L&P Design drawings for conformance to PSE&G standards and applicable federal, state and local ordinances. Provide technical support during permitting and construction of projects; resolve complex technical problems and provide solutions.
• Associates Degree and 0 - 4+ years of industry experience or H.S. diploma with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience.
• Proficiency with MicroStation or equivalent CAD software for developing 2-D design drawings
• Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills are essential
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Must have a valid drivers license
- Familiar with 3-D modeling software
- Experience preparing electrical utility drawings
- Familiar with IBC NJ2015, AISC, ASCE & SCI codes and requirements
- Familiar with Civil Engineering codes NJIBC, ACI & AISC
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.