Field Applications Scientist
This position will serve as a hybrid Field Applications Scientist/Field Service Engineer to facilitate seamless implementation of instruments, kits and other products in customers laboratories. Excellent technical and communication skills are needed to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starters, who can independently manage their time and schedules; will possess basic business acumen and effectively communicate skills at all levels.
Position Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Maintain a working knowledge of customer instrumentation, products and techniques.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Assist customer with assay troubleshooting
- Maintain and repair equipment at this customer site
- Act as primary service liaison for this customer building a strong relationship ensuring their satisfaction
- Minimize downtime of all equipment onsite
- Keep Lab Management and Service Manager informed of all issues
- Complete all Preventative Maintenance on time
- Perform minor repairs on instruments
- Assist customer with validation studies as needed to include defining protocol, sample acquisition, running samples, data evaluation and report preparation.
- Conduct educational sessions for Customer on equipment and products.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A BS in Life Sciences, Biomedical engineering and/or technical discipline; or equivalent military training and experience, with emphasis on instrumentation and computers.
- 3+ years experience as a field service representative, Lab MT, or related field preferred
- PCR experience preferred
- Technically proficient in running IVD assays with an understanding of the basis for these assays
- Comfortable in presenting training and information seminars to customers
- Customer-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.