Finance Innovation & Technology (FIT) Summer Intern Program 2021
- Are you interested in developing innovative solutions to complex finance issues?
- Would you like to implement tools and technology to improve efficiency and accuracy in finance?
- Are you a proactive problem-solver interested in partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver results and insights to key stakeholders?
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solution in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With nearly 76,000 colleagues worldwide and annual revenue of more than $17 billion, MMC provides analysis and advice to clients in more than 130 countries. The Finance Innovation & Technology (FIT) Program offers a challenging opportunity to juniors in undergraduate programs to develop technology solutions for finance. During this 10-week program, Summer interns will gain hands-on experience working within one of our Finance groups. Upon completion of the Summer Program, interns may be extended an offer to join us in a Full-Time role.
A TYPICAL DAY MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in managing and executing technology based projects for finance
- Identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analysis
- Study, measure, and evaluate financial instruments, financial markets, and the behavior of market participants
- Engage in learning, networking, and events
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Intellectually curious individuals with interest in technology and finance functions
- Self-starters who can produce high quality work
- Strong communicators able to collaborate in team environments and across different groups
- Interest in network and develop interpersonal relationships
- Basic project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Agile thinkers ready to make an impact and solve complex problems
- All undergraduate students considered, however, preferred candidates have an expected graduation date on or before Spring 2022
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above at the time of application and start date
- Majors in technology, finance, economics, or business preferred
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (such as SQL, Python or similar) for data analysis and project development, as well as familiarity with operating systems (such as Microsoft and Oracle)
- You must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
DIVERSITY MATTERS AT MARSH & MCLENNAN
At Marsh & McLennan, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the
company. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.