As COMPANY Bright continues to grow, we are ready to add a GM to the team. GMs here at COMPANY are responsible for driving the product experience forward while also balancing the customer needs, business needs, and team’s ability to execute.
The ideal candidate for this role will be dog obsessed entrepreneur, with a background in planning, product management and technology. Experience within animal health, behavior or veterinary practice is a huge plus!
GMs are responsible for the following core functions:
- Customer experience: GM’s have a deep understanding of their customer, and a 360 degree view of the customer experience. They improve the customer experience across all functions, including:
- Working closely with with engineering to deliver the best online customer experience
- Working closely with growth marketing to accelerate the growth of the Bright Dental business across all channels
- Working closely with Happy to ensure customer feedback loop
- Working closely with channel leads & product development to create the best suitable product assortment for each channel. (Subscription, Marketplaces, Retail, Add-to-box)
- Working closely with the Product Development & Sourcing teams to continuously improve assortment based on customer insights
- Business health: GM’s help drive the P&L, know how their business is performing against goals, and more importantly, they understand how missing or exceeding one goal impacts what they can do in other areas of the business.
- Team execution: GM’s make sure all teams are focused on the right initiatives, and are executing as efficiently as possible against both our business and customer goals.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Data obsessed - Extremely comfortable interpreting/analyzing data, communicating results. Fluent in excel, periscope (or data app).
- Diplomat - Expert in managing a large group of stakeholders with potentially conflicting objectives.
- Proactive - Able to look around corners, communicate clearly, and take action without permission or much direction.
- Business savvy - Despite being a highly specialized health & wellness-focused role the candidate understands and appreciates the fundamentals of working cross functionally in a larger product organization
- Dog parent - has a deep first-hand understanding of life with a dog and how to create healthy life-improving / extending habits for dogs (and something that the humans will actually do. Example: Bright Dental vs. Brushing )
- **Please note- this is a VP level role reporting directly to the CEO. We are looking for those with at least 8+ years of experience within these areas.