Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position ideally based in the New York office, but will consider any location based on the candidate and background:
Global Benefits Management(GBM) Client – Sales Resource
What can you expect?
- In this client facing – sales role for the US/Canada Global Benefits Management (GBM) business, you will nurture and maintain a book of small and mid-market accounts (clients with between 1000- 5000 global employees, in at least 5 countries), as well as play a key role in supporting the GBM Sales Organization with subject matter expertise (SME) and tactical new business expansion for this important client segment.
- As a GBM Account Manager you will manage a key book of US/Canada Multinational Client GBM relationships, allowing you to develop and grow the book of business.
- As a GBM SME/Sales Resource, you will have strategic and tactical responsibilities assisting with the growth of this portfolio. As a key resource for the sales cycle, this will require interaction with internal and global leadership, consulting and client management based on the opportunities in flight
- The role sits within Mercer Marsh Benefits, the leading Global Benefits Management provider internationally, and is very visible from a leadership and local country prospective
- Experience robust opportunities for learning, training and growth.
What is in it for you?
• On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits in addition to employee discounts and other ancillary benefits
• This position also offers 25 vacation days annually
• We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks - having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
In this role, you will be responsible for:
o SME/ US/Canada Sales Support responsibilities
As a Subject matter expert for GBM practice you will:
- Prepare proposals, supports formal Request for Proposals (RFP), meetings, contracting and sales cycle deliverables
- Presents proposition / delivery model
- Be the main point of contact for internal stakeholders and prospects on questions / inquiries
- Ensure opportunities are kept up-to-date in MercerForce (Mercer’s sales tracking tool
o Account Management responsibilities
Manage client delivery for several US-based clients:
- Client’s service delivery point of contact
- Manages implementation, ongoing delivery renewals, all client inquiries
- Manages ad-hoc and or routine calls with clients
- Maintains tactical delivery responsibilities regarding renewals, local country interaction.
We would like you to have:
- Bachelors’ degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of: Global Benefits Management / Consulting / Broking / Technology understanding and experience.
- Ability to prioritize and manage client relationships simultaneously with sales obligations.
- Ability to network a global, matrixed organization
- Demonstrated success in managing internal and external relationships within teams and within partners (comfort working with multiple stakeholders).
What makes you ideal for the role– but is not required:
- Familiarity with a global consulting organization
- Client and/or sales background
- Global broking experience.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.