We’re seeking an experienced Head of Data Science to deliver detailed insight to our team. Our ideal candidate will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. We will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate shared purpose of increasing user growth and engagement. You will lead a team of Data Scientists and help create new visions for the future.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, well-funded startup with big ambitions. In addition to doing ground breaking work, this role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of openness, positive communication, and continuous learning. We are looking for the best and brightest to take our platform to the next level. Are you that person Let’s talk.
- Build and manage a team of 4-6 Data Scientists.
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs.
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis.
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments.
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products.
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries.
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 7+ years experience in data science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Java/Python, SAS)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Experience working as a project manager is a plus.