As the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will join an organization that has been experiencing significant growth in market share and revenue, as well as new client acquisition and product offerings, securing significant clients into its portfolio such as Unilever and McDonalds, the world’s leading defense and aerospace companies, insurers and banks as well as business spanning over 25 global industries. The Company is a “growth stage” business with solid positioning and the backing of two leading private equity firms.
The Head of Marketing will oversee, coordinate, and participate in the development of marketing strategies and products for the organization. This is an opportunity for someone ideally with direct early and growth stage, SaaS experience scaling pipeline/ACV; ability to integrate and influence the Marketing and Sales functional areas.
We are seeking an individual that is hands-on; a “major doer and a minor theorist”. The ideal candidate needs to bring the right combination of sales enablement and product marketing, as well as to possess the critical competencies demonstrating proven and effective leadership capabilities and team development.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains supervisory and management staff in the department.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the daily workflow and drive the strategy of the Marketing department; currently a team of (3) three in addition to the Head of Marketing.
- Responsible for oversight of the Sales Development team (6 employees) inclusive of the Director, Sales Development, who is a direct report into this position.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles employee feedback and performance management process in accordance with company policy and culture.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leverage marcom tech stack to effectively address our business strategy and contribute to amplifying sales growth, modernizing technology, and increased revenue.
- Create the necessary integration between the Marketing and Sales Development functions to equip and empower these functions with relevant and results driven tools and metrics aligned for both departments’ objectives to facilitate revenue growth (i.e. Salesforce usage, pipeline generation and monitoring)
- In conjunction with the CEO and Marketing Manager, effectively oversee the interaction and management of the Company’s relationship with PR and earned media partners.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to leverage the analyst community in furtherance of promoting the Company’s products, services and messaging. (i.e. Forrester, Gartner)
- Analyzes target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches aligned with our business strategy.
- Identifies new market segments that will benefit from company products.
- Directs and implements effective sales campaigns based on Company strategy and market research.
- Maintains knowledge on emerging products and services.
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecasts, drafts, implements, and oversees the department’s operating budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Marketing experience aligned with Solution Selling methodology strongly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An agile, resourceful, innovative and resilient leader.
- Demonstrated understanding of market developments.
- Able to articulate understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in marketing and long-range planning required.