Focused on our commercial business, you will work closely with our enterprise sales team to evaluate new strategic investments and provide analytical insights that turn to operational results. You will also work to improve the overall financial planning, forecasting and reporting process. This role will support pricing, deal structuring and pipeline management.
The successful candidate will have shown experiences in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with senior leaders across Butterfly and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
In addition, this role requires strong business sense and capability to independently drive business partnership. This role will report to our Director of Finance.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Provide visibility into revenue: Pipeline management, revenue forecasting, variance analysis
- Enterprise sales support: Support deal flow through trade-off analysis, pricing alternatives, contract negotiations
- Build out economic models to support new market / region / vertical expansion
- Design mechanisms to ensure sales organization accountability: KPI’s targets, compensation
- Cover new go-to-market strategies for distributors and channel partners
- Support resource budgeting and planning for the sales organization
- Present financial and business insights to leadership
- Lead short- and long-term financial planning with strong controllership and drive business improvements including productivity and program spend
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field or equivalent
- 10 years of finance experience
- Relevant sales finance experience managing pipeline and dealflow
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and presentation of alternatives
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and reporting skills including advanced Excel skills and experience with data extraction using SQL or similar tools
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Experience working in SaaS
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- MBA preferred
- Experience working in a hybrid SaaS / HW business model
- Data analytics experience to build dashboards, reporting, etc.
- Experience working with Salesforce
You Deeply Identify with Core Company Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team