Interested in participating in cutting edge employee benefit consulting? Mercer has an exciting opportunity available and is recruiting for a solid and experienced Senior Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant.
What can you expect?
This is a tremendous opportunity for an experienced benefits professional to join our growing Health & Benefits Consulting Group. We are looking for a consultant with strong leadership skills who works independently and has excellent client communication & management. In addition, this role will support senior consultants in managing client accounts, researching, analyzing, and evaluating health and non-health employee benefits plans and programs.
What’s in it for you?
We are the global leader in the health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- On day one you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits, we also offer employee discounts and other special benefits that are too many to name!
- This position also accrues 20 vacation days plus 10 sick days annually
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits such as deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more
In this role you will:
- Participate as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy
- Support Marketing and Renewal of all health and non-health employee benefit plans and programs
- Research, analyze, and evaluate medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs for employers of all size and industry segments. This may involve developing client strategy, interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationships.
- Understand health and benefits products, services and tools including vendor/carrier markets, including developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients
- Comprehend more advanced underwriting and financial skills, health & benefit products, services and technical tools, and Mercer intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
- Provide financial, contract and/or administrative analysis, and manage portions of projects, including reviewing the work of lower level analysts
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem-solving on administrative and operations issues
- Interpret benchmark data and present to client
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- At least three years of industry related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
What makes you ideal for the role -
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
- Capable of performing data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting model to develop self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost sharing
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.