HOUSEMAN / DRIVER, LIVE-IN
Division: Executive Hospitality
Ref ID: R4945760211
Location: New York, NY & Sag Harbor, NY
Job Title: Houseman / Driver, Live-in (New York, NY & Sag Harbor, NY)
A private family seeks an experienced Houseman / Driver to assist with the maintenance of their private residence in Manhattan (UES) and Sag Harbor. The ideal candidate must be outgoing, energetic, discreet, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in private households and driving experience.
- Maintaining operation of the home, working alongside other staff
- All aspects of general housekeeping and deep cleaning of residence: vacuuming, dusting, sanitization, proper garbage disposal, etc.
- Providing support in the kitchen with cooking: preparing family-style healthy meals for principal
- Conducting inventory procurement of all household supplies as needed, including grocery shopping, personal, and floral arrangements
- Keeping household guest-ready at all times
- Maintaining museum-quality cleanliness: care of fine art, antiques, furniture, fine surfaces, polishing silver, brass, china, etc.
- Managing the house calendar and providing prior notification to the family and staff of the scheduling of events and house maintenance/repair activities
- Serving meals to family and their guests; must have formal training
- Safely drive principals and guests to and from destinations including offices, appointments, meetings, airports, events, etc.
- Overseeing vehicle insurance, regulations, and records of services are kept up-to-date
- Ensuring the pristine condition of the vehicle at all times
- Traveling over the weekend with the family to their additional residences
- Running errands and adhering to special requests as needed
Schedule: This is a full-time live-in position based out of Manhattan, NY & Sag Harbor. The typical schedule is Monday – Friday with some weekend support as needed by the principals.
Compensation: Salary is generous but depends on experience
Benefits: Health Benefits are included
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience with Private Families and Individuals
- Excellent references from current and previous positions
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet and e-mail
- Experience supervising household staff and working with service staff and other outside vendors
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex physical house systems (lighting, heating and cooling, security), including “smart home” systems (ie Kaleidoscope)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be OK with working in an environment with both children and pets (no allergies)
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid US work authorization
511 West 25th Street
511 West 25th Street
New York, NY 10001
Agency DCA License #2008231
For additional employment opportunities please visit our job postings at http://www.societystaffing.com/jobs/
Due to the volume of employment applications received, Society Staffing is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate. Please be advised that the first round of our interview process involves a direct meeting at our Manhattan offices for all positions located in the tri-state area.