The Human Resources Manager is a member of the Stores’ Senior Leadership team. The HRM drives consistency of the Bloomingdale’s brand as it is expressed through people, guaranteeing both an outstanding shopping experience for our upscale clientele, as well as an outstanding employment experience for our workforce. Capitalizing on the excitement and ambience inherent to the Bloomingdale’s brand, he/she builds and cultivates a motivated, skilled and equipped management and associate team.
The HRM fosters a work environment that is conducive to recruiting, developing and retaining top quality talent at the executive and staff level. The HRM is responsible for effectively prioritizing, strategizing and driving the human resources initiatives for their store, and the company. They provide an objective perspective to the VP, General Manager and the entire store management team. The HRM enables the team to reach educated decisions and recommends course of action and outlines ramifications.
The HRM, Senior Executive is a high visibly position. They are a key partner in driving engagement throughout the store.
The HRM delivers the Bloomingdale’s brand through the acquisition and development of top talent.
- Oversees the entire talent acquisition process, understands awareness of the local competitive talent pool; staff and executive
- Partners with Central Recruitment to develop an annual strategy to fill positions with top talent for both staff and executive
- Delivers the financials, grow our people, omni-channel commitment, fashion leadership, customer loyalty
- Oversees the Diversity vision, strategy and execution of the programs and initiatives
- Focuses the management on the behavioral development of their teams
- Ensures fair, urgent dismissal of behaviors that jeopardize the brand
- Timely resolution of employee relations issues – compliant with labor law and company policy
- Owns the on-boarding process of all new employees, Chief Educator
- Understands talent capacity and promotes career growth within the store
- Mentors, coaches and shadows our Executive Development Program to yield growth
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ideally, 10+ years of related human resources and/or retail supervisory experience
- Ability to empower and develop a team
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Communicates clear and specific expectations
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to set direction and inspire
- Ability to recognize progress and celebrates achievement priorities
- Works collaboratively across functional areas to achieve results
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the
right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.