What is the position where you can add value?
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated Human Resources Specialist who wants to grow in their career. This diverse role includes work in Employee Relations, Mergers/Acquisitions support, Policy review, Data/Analytics, Workers Compensation and LOA and more and will be based at our Wayne, PA Headquarters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Human Resources Specialist
- Acts as a liaison between and collaborates with HR teams and corporate departments on defined escalated employee relations matters to ensure compliance with company policies and established procedures.
- Research/identify external benchmarks for key trends/data/analytics. Make recommendations for improvements to existing or additional analytics.
- Ensure collaboration and alignment with other Human Resources programs and processes.
- Use data and metrics to routinely measure and inform the business on performance, support program decisions & proposals, and continuous improvement.
- Assist with the development and documenting of scalable process guidelines, procedures, and programs to support integrations and business growth.
Employee Relations & Mergers/Acquisitions
- Support employee relations investigations
- Support policy management (review, research, writing/editing, updating all relevant parties/databases)
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with Federal and State employment laws by conducting employment law research
- In partnership with Talent Management, support people-related data and leading trends to better understand drivers of engagement including tracking/analysis/presentation of turnover, retention, exit interviews and identify risk
- In partnership with Talent Management, welcome new hires to Wayne by partnering with the Hiring Department for office readiness, onboarding, tours, and HR orientation.
- Support M&A admin pre-day 1/early stage tasks and post day 1 transition/integration.
Worker's Compensation & Leave of Absence
- Manage Worker's Compensation and LOA/FMLA vendors acting as the primary liaison: trouble shoot/resolve issues, collect premiums, support HRM users - including organizing refresher training and new user training.
- Organize Workers Comp quarterly reviews and regular performance reporting and trend analysis against KPIs.
- 4 year college degree and 4-6 years Human Resources experience in an HR coordinator/Generalist role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years Employee/Labor Relations experience
- Workers Compensation administration experience preferred
- Experienced using an HRIS system (ADP or similar)
- Advanced in Microsoft Office excel - ability to create dashboards and workflows from multiple data sources
- Industrial experience such as manufacturing or distribution, preferred.
Minimum of 2 years' experience working with hourly and salaried workforces
Tekni-Plex is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following document names to download the files for review: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement .