HVAC SPECIFYING ENGINEER
Do you have a strong aptitude for technical concepts? Are you a strong communicator? Do you value developing relationships with current and prospective customers? Do you enjoy being part of an organization that continues to strive to be best in class? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
The Commercial Specifying Engineer will be responsible for driving the promotion and adoption of the specification of Carrier Enterprise's commercial product line which includes Carrier Corporation's Unitary and Applied product as well as additional third-party offerings. The ideal candidate will become a trusted partner to specifying engineering firms and design build contractors in the region to increase sales and Carrier Enterprise's reputation within the New York City and Long Island commercial markets.
We are actively seeking the following:
HVAC Market Sales Engineer Core Responsibilities
- Establish professional credibility with dealers, engineers and architects based on product knowledge, technical support, and timely responses to questions and project inquiries.
- Understand and leverage the design process to enhance product sales.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts within the building design community through Consulting Engineers, building owners and committees to ensure a full pipeline of sales goals opportunities.
- Utilize current and create new, innovative design tools to effectively plan and increase HVAC design opportunities within the Plan and Spec Market.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Develop and propose changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in Operations.
- Monitor sales trends and product performance results.
- Continually enhance presentation skills and product knowledge.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Upholding and adhering to Carrier Enterprise Core Values.
- Working with branch, market and regional individuals to ensure great customer service from system design to product delivery and warranty.
- Answering customer inquiries and responding to special requests.
- Develop, maintain, and manage assigned client relationships, specifically with consulting and design engineers and key end-user/owner engineering department personnel.
- Awareness of the local market, your competition, your clients, their clients, and their challenges.
- Promote Carrier Enterprise products, services, and solutions through customer calls, presentations, and factory visits.
- Train clients and junior co-workers on Carrier Enterprise product offerings and their system applications.
- Provide clients with equipment recommendations, selections, specifications, and any other detailed information required.
- Collecting, organizing and assembling data for reports, presentations, and/or special projects.
- Develop and generate successful sales with core customers through Carrier Enterprise's core sales channels.
- Maintaining records of designs, customer information and requests.
- Maintaining customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective actions and communicating with customers and sales staff as needed.
- Communicating customer perceptions by gathering customer feedback and sharing information with Management.
- Working closely with other teams both within the market, region and company.
- Actively participate and hold influential positions in community organizations such as ASHRAE, School Boards, or other Building Owner Associations.