Staffmark Workforce Solutions offers this exciting contract opportunity at a global leader in electronics, mobile devices and appliances located in New York, NY.
Samsung mobile is looking for a competent and creative Interaction designer with strong collaborative skills working with cross-functional teams. We need designers who consider business objectives, user needs, and experience principles, to understand and influence design decisions. We love people with a deep understanding of mobile interface design, who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty with experience prototyping, design and iteration with users. Above all, we value experienced, self-aware and self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team players, across design, engineering, and research.
The Global UX Studio is focused on using behavioral insights to inform how to develop new opportunities for products and improve engagement on existing product lines. We are looking for self-starters who can contribute as part of small focused teams to uncover better approaches to deliver on unmet needs.
You will be an individual contributor working on product design and feature initiatives across initial interface concepts and existing product lines. You will also be required to support UX verification and UX compliance to provide alternate UX proposals, flows, information architecture, taxonomy and task analysis based on current UX requirements and standards.
You will be responsible for:
• Review existing and competitive Interfaces to uncover and evaluate best practices and novel opportunities for design and development to improve customer experience.
• Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into future UX review process to build internal and external consensus for proposed design direction enhancing user satisfaction.
• Identify new user experience opportunities and Jobs-to-be-done and develop engaging user flows and approaches for new product concepts.
• Created detailed user interface designs across visual, haptic, gesture and voice.
• Evaluate existing competitive products and current product lines to uncover improvements in flow and mental models.
Necessary Skills and Requirements
• A portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms is required and consumer digital products.
• 3 – 5 years of industry experience in design and development of interface of mobile phone apps, services or equivalent mobile media device is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Interaction Design, Human factors, Human computer interactions, or closely related field.
• Experienced in preparing professional presentation materials.
• Understanding of UI related software architecture.
• Working knowledge and skills in Usability Engineering.
• Must demonstrate creative innovative approach to design.
• Knowledge in using relevant design tools: Adobe, Sketch, Framer X is preferred.
• Strong time management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms is required
- 3 - 5 years of industry experience in design and development of interface of mobile phone apps, services or equivalent mobile media device is required.
- Strong problem-solver, able to identify design challenges and eagerly come up w/ resolutions
- Excellent communication skills, pro-active, a self-starter
- Excellent w/ design tools such as Adobe, Sketch, and prototyping tools.
- Research experience - Usability testing
Seeking candidates who can work cross-functionally to identify solutions, and come up w/ ideation on prototyping – understanding design and design constraints in relation to physical form;
Not really looking for application developers or designers that were part of larger product. Looking for conceptual understanding of blank-slate product development – new product innovation! (within B2C industry, blue skies product development)
Seeking candidates that can demonstrate across diff. projects – able to identify a need/opportunity & product solutions that can deliver on that (can be from diff industry areas); looking for level of critical thought & quality and refinement of design to bring to prototype - to define that product.
Staffmark talent working with this client receive competitive compensation and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off plus more!
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.