Kforce has a client, a world class health care company in NYC that is seeking a Junior Accountant. Under direct supervision of the Senior Accountants and Accounting Manager, the candidate provides financial and administrative support to the departments.
- Monitors and resolves bank issues including fee anomalies and completes bank reconciliations monthly
- Responsible for correcting errors and posting daily adjusting journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Maintains adequate documentation to support entries
- Monitors Epic transactions daily to ensure proper handling of cash and checks
- Monitors invoices, purchase orders and any other AP related transactions to ensure timely payment to the vendor
- Participates with budget preparation and forecasting, variance analyses and any other related transactions
- Serves as back-up to staff accountants during monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close with processing journal entries, reconciliations, analyses, etc.
- Assists staff with a variety of special budget, financial, and managerial reporting projects as needed
- Utilizes diverse technical skills including Excel, Cognos, SAP, etc. to complete tasks more efficiently
- Communicates effectively and professionally with peers and takes ownership of work
- Stays abreast with healthcare industry and our medical institution to better understand changes and operations
This company offers fantastic benefits & time & half OT for over 35 hours worked. They want someone who wants to grow with the company.