As a member of the Data Strategy group, the Lead Data Scientist will work with fellow data scientists, data engineers, product managers, business analysts, and stakeholders from other internal groups to design and improve data-centric products with the dual mandate of (1) increasing the efficiency of the data collection and analysis process and (2) driving the monetization of data via newly designed and existing products for insurance clients. The lead data scientist will act as an advisor on a number of internal initiatives and will have ownership over projects which will require direct reporting to senior-level management in both business and technical groups.
We will count on you to:
- Incorporate new, cutting edge business intelligence, machine learning, and alternative data practices into wider organization to drive efficiencies and generate revenue
- Own the full stack execution of data science projects from data wrangling, model development, presentation, measurement to deployment
- Work with data engineers to produce fully productionized pipelines including data ingestion, cleaning, feature engineering and model training/prediction.
- Conduct research and analysis into reinsurance and advisory products to augment industry-standard models and develop new market offerings for clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal team members and external clients when possible
- Monitor performance of data products and respond to internal inquiries regarding their maintenance
- Evangelize data science
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.