Learning and Technology Adoption Specialist
The Learning and Technology Adoption Specialist is a key member of the Enterprise Applications Group within the Information Technology department and will serve in various roles under the Learning and Technology Adoption direction. This role is accountable for developing and delivering virtual instructor led technology training across multiple platforms and applications, as well as supporting the implementation of training initiatives and strategies while developing a feedback process to help foster the ideal learning environment.
· Develop, deliver, reinforce, and sustain virtual instructor led training (VILT) solutions and content that builds and enhances the skills, knowledge and abilities of learners.
· Works in tandem with the LTA manager and other supporting departments to design, develop and implement processes and best practices to help measure and monitor the effectiveness of the initiatives within the VILT blended learning offerings.
· Researches relevant topics and leads the design and development of VILT and e-learning training content.
· Design web-based learning that is engaging and educational for the learner.
· Design and write storyboards for e-learning.
· Create effective online assessments.
· Participate in beta and pilot programs, including testing new software, engaging users in the pilot group, and assisting the help desk in service readiness.
- Assist with development and implementation of marketing campaigns to create user awareness.
· Provide needed user support through escalated service desk tickets, including diagnostics, documentation through the ticket tracking system, and user follow-up.
· Foster ideas and creative thinking into content that can be implemented quickly, independently, or collaboratively.
· Create and modify internal how-to articles for internal knowledgebase.
· Keep abreast of industry trends and maintain IT skills and knowledge
· Additional duties and special projects, as assigned by the Learning and Technology Adoption Manager.
- Energetic team player.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical attorneys and staff.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail as well as clear and accurate documentation skills.
- Creative thinking for unique, attention-grabbing methods of presenting material and keeping the audience engaged.
- 4-year degree required and Microsoft Office Specialist certifications preferred.