MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Assist a growing operations team with logistics coordination and a focus on LTL, truckload consolidation pulls.
Wholesale Fashion Client with an office located in Midtown East.
* Accurate and timely resolution of all outbound Logistics/Transportation related issues while ensuring costs remain at or below budgeted rates.
* Coordinate LTL shipments from warehouses to customers ensuring on time delivery and cost targets are consistently met
* Act as primary liaison between customer service team, transportation carriers, and third-party warehouses to facilitate successful, on time movement of goods and outstanding customer satisfaction
* Review open shipments on daily basis to proactively identify and resolve any current or potential problems that may cause shipping delays
* Work with carriers to attain spot quotes as needed, analyzing and evaluating service and cost capabilities
* Accurately create shipping and handling documentation for use by 3PL warehouse
* Create export documentation and coordinate with forwarders and FCL carriers to ensure successful shipment and delivery of goods
Ability to recognize, analyze, and offer solutions to logistical problems and escalate issues to customer service, carriers, warehouses, and management to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction in a timely manner
* High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
* Possess sense of urgency to meet all internal and external customer needs
* Well organized and can handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Familiarity with FTL/LTL/FCL transportation
* AMT experience or similar ERP system preferred
Temp to Perm Opportunity with a growing organization